To protect, preserve and sustain ecosystems within the Port Gamble S’Klallam Tribes Usual and Accustomed areas for future generations to harvest fish, wildlife and other natural resources.
Our department’s responsibilities include:
- Strictly Enforce title 12, 17 and 18
- Enforce and Assist PGPD with title 5
- Ensure that natural resources are preserved for future generations
- Attend monthly Fish and Hunting Committee meetings in order to supervise and refine our department to fit the tribe’s needs.
Our department has made strides in the last few years to better our logistics, planning and enforcement techniques with the members of the Port Gamble S’Klallam Tribe and surrounding agencies. Our dedication and hard work to protect fish, wildlife, and natural resources is not only of the utmost importance. We also strive to protect the sovereign rights of the people so that future generations may partake in the harvesting of such resources to better their lives and families within the community.
Did you know?
- Port Gamble Natural Resource Enforcement will be starting a Search & Rescue Team for land and water operations.
- If at anytime you need assistance while hunting or fishing, we have resources to assist you in Wild Game or Gear Recovery.
- A large portion of our department is funded solely on Federal Grant Money that is requested yearly. This grant money is what allows our department to function and complete our mission.